Sunday, December 9, 2012

DIY: Advent Calendar!

This year, I did something I've been wanting to do for FOREVER. I made an advent calendar! Even though I'm not really religious, I absolutely love Christmas time and I thought this would be a fun way to count down the days!




Since my resources were limited, I used only items I had laying around in my craft bin, aside from the treats for inside the pockets. Some of the pockets were made from leftover canvas, and the rest from origami paper.



For the canvas pockets, we cut the fabric into rectangles and then hot-glued them shut. We did the same for the paper except with a glue stick, and then decorated with markers, glitter glue, gel pens, and stamps. Once the pockets were done, we strung them up on a line that had previously held Instagram photos with tiny clothespins. Since the line was a bit short, we're doing 12 at a time.



We had so much fun making the calendar! Are you doing any fun craft projects for the holiday season? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. this is so cute omg
    also you WOULD have instagrams up on your wall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Minnesota blogger!!! Happy to have found you :)

    ReplyDelete