Thursday, July 19, 2012

Style Dish: 50s Pinup!


I recently took the leap and gave myself something I've been wanting for a very long time, but was too scared to try: Bettie Page bangs. I did them myself, which was a bit of a gamble, but I'm happy with how they look and I've gotten tons of compliments! Today, I took the look to a new level with styling, makeup, and an outfit to match:




This look is easy, breezy, and comfortable. I had so much fun wearing it at work, and had to keep myself from vamping in the mirror instead of doing my job (yikes!). Paired with a braided belt and black satin wedges, and topped with wayfarer sunglasses, it's a really fun summer look.

1. Dress / Modcloth 2. Belt / Target 3. Shoes (not pictured) / Old Navy 4. Sunglasses / Max Cole 5. Hairbow / andbows



The hairstyle is a classic look that matches this fun, vintage style. I pinned hair from each side up to create a little 'bump' since I'm not so good at victory rolls just yet. Then, I wrapped large strands of my hair around a 1" curling iron, curled the ends up, brushed it out, and gave it a shot of hairspray.


My makeup look was astoundingly simple. I forwent any powder or foundation, since it's so hot, and I didn't want to cover up the brand new crop of freckles I recently acquired! 

1. Brows / Rimmel eye pencil in dark brown. 2. Eyeliner / Jordana liquid eyeliner pen in black. 3. Lashes / Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara in Black Drama. 4. Cheeks / Milani Minerals blush in Mai Tai. 5. Lips / Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Coral Glow.


What's your favorite look for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment